NAME THAT MOVIE!
Arthur: "Iris, in the movies we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason, you're behaving like the best friend."
Iris: "You're so right. You're supposed to be the leading lady of your own life for God's sake!"
In the movie, "The Holiday," Iris (played by Kate Winslet) has been casually dating a guy only to find out at the company Christmas party that he got engaged to someone else!
Why didn't she know? She's too busy following her (love) life instead of leading it. So many of us do this, and why? Why do we give up our power so easily?
Who says anyone else is more important than you? YOU did! And, it's time you stop.
To find and keep love, FIRST fall in love with yourself, even the parts you find unlovable! Start by cultivating more loving thoughts and feelings about yourself. Stop beating yourself up for your flaws and identify what you like most. Even if you're trying to improve, be kinder and gentler about it. Being harsh harms more than it heals.
A flower won't bloom in bad soil.
1. Weed out negative thoughts and plant seeds of positivity. To feel better, think better!
2. Nourish your roots with your achievements. Give yourself credit for what you've done well.
3. Nurture your growth with self-care. Take care of yourself and do what makes you happy!
4. Get more sunlight. Learn, do, or try new things.
5. Practice gratitude. When you're grateful, you invite more reasons to be happy and grateful.
🍍 When you treat yourself with love, kindness, and respect, you create healthier boundaries by teaching others how to treat you, too.
📢 Until you find the loving relationship you want, take the lead by creating one with yourself.