The weather is getting warmer. The sun is shining. Businesses are starting to re-open. And, it’s already Memorial Day weekend. Things could be looking up after all.
Be hopeful about the future, my Pineapple. Here are eights tips to help you shine:
1. Surround yourself with positive people. Energy is contagious. So, pick positive people who lift you up, motivate, or inspire you with their energy, attitudes, and actions. Find people you admire and who reflect the kind of person you want to be. What do you admire about them, and why? Once you identify their best qualities and achievements, you can create the actions and habits that will help you succeed.
2. Stop caring about what other people think. Define what makes you happy. It’s OK to know what you want and to go after it, even if you go alone. Don’t worry about what anyone else thinks. All that truly matters is what you think. If people have anything negative to say, try not to take it so personally. Some people don’t have your best interests in mind. Some people don’t want to see you succeed. Some people are just jealous and insecure, especially when they're unhappy with their own lives. Misery loves company, they say. Don't let their negative energy affect you or get in the way. They don’t have to know why, how, or what your dreams are, and you don’t have to tell them. Just focus on what makes you happy. If you're happy, then you’re on the right track. Remember, this is your life, so live it!
3. Stop apologizing. Unless you've broken something that belongs to someone else, there’s no reason to be sorry. Apologizing implies you're doing or have done something wrong. So long as you are not hurting anyone directly, don’t apologize for living your life the way you want to live it. And, never apologize for the person you are or the person you are becoming. The people who are meant to be in your life will stay in your life and will support you on your journey.
4. Never lose sight of what matters most to you. Get laser-focused and take positive actions that support your needs and desires. Don’t compromise your standards, beliefs, values, goals, or dreams for anyone or anything. If someone or something gets in your way, find a way around them or past them. Never settle. Never give in. Never give up. And, never take no for an answer. You have to fight for your right to make all your dreams come true. If you don't, who will? So, just keep going!
5. See every day as a fresh start. Was there something that didn't go according to plan? Did you make a mistake? Don't feel bad because mistakes are proof that you’re trying! How amazing is that? Even with every mistake you make, you’re getting one step closer to achieving your goal or making a dream come true! There’s still time, my Pineapple. Every minute of every day of every month and every year is another chance to try again. We all deserve second, third, and a million more chances to get it right. So, don’t be discouraged with how long it might take to reach the stars. Just keep looking up and let their light lead the way.
6. Be positive. Don’t let bad situations get the worst of you. Rise above. If you don’t know how to be positive, then practice. Find at least one positive thing in your day and build on it. Once you get into the habit of identifying at least one thing every day, you will start seeing more positive things more easily as they come your way. Ultimately, this practice will help you create a positive mindset. A positive mindset is the foundation for developing the right attitude for accomplishing great things. In other words, positive thoughts lead to positive feelings, actions, and outcomes in your life.
7. Let go. Too often, we try to control our environment, other people, situations, and even outcomes. But the key to happiness is learning how to let life unfold as it should. Trying to force things to happen the way we want them to happen takes too much time and energy. Free up some of your mental energy by being open to outcomes. If you could just let situations be what they are instead of what you think they should be, you could avoid disappointment. You might even be surprised and pleased with the outcome instead. Let go and go with the flow, my Pineapple.
8. Practice aloha. To practice aloha means to be loving, kind, and compassionate in how you think, what you say, and what you do. In other words, treat yourself and others with love and respect. Kindness matters. When you're kind to others, you will feel good about yourself. That energy will lift you higher and keep you going as you strive to achieve your goals. So, be kind. Be helpful to others. Smile at strangers. Give compliments out like candy. Find the good in others. Being loving, kind, and compassionate radiates positive vibes into the world, which creates peace and harmony for living with others and nature. This is the aloha spirit, the secret to creating your best self and living your best life.
The universe can be a big, dark, and lonely place. But, you're a star, my Pineapple, and your light is bright enough to light up the galaxy and beyond. So, shine like the universe is yours.
Live, Love, and Lead with Aloha.