I couldn't resist taking this photo because my sidekick, Pinto, came over to sit right in the pile of valentines I was working on. Today, I dug into my craft supplies to make 30 valentines to kick off Random Acts of Kindness Week, which starts Feb 14th (Valentine's Day) and ends Feb 20th.
Random Acts of Kindness Day is Feb 17th. But, EVERY DAY is a good day to be kind!
Not crafty or can't afford to buy coffee for a stranger? Don't worry! Kindness doesn't cost a dime with these ideas:
1. PAY ATTENTION
Doesn't it feel good when someone notices your hairdo, outfit, or accomplishment? Stop, look, and let them know! Acknowledging someone for something positive helps boosts their self-worth and self-esteem.
2. PAY AFFECTION
Doesn't it feel good when someone smiles and says good morning, your child hugs you, or your boss gives you a high five? Make someone feel welcome, loved, or proud using positive words or gestures.
3. PAY APPRECIATION
Doesn't it feel good to be thanked? Expressing gratitude creates positive vibes. When people feel valued for their time, effort, or talents, their spirits automatically lift.
Try combining all 3 ideas:
1. I noticed you've been working out.
2. Your hard work has paid off because you look amazing!
3. Thanks for the motivation!
1. I heard you got promoted!
2. Congratulations, you deserve it!
3. Thanks for reminding me that hard work pays off!
1. I know you're tired since you've taken on more responsibility at work.
2. They're lucky to have you and so are we.
3. Thank you for all you do!
Try one out because...KINDNESS MATTERS!